Monday 16 August 2010

Day 7 – August 16th 2010 – Örnsköldsvik to Umea

Up and out early after a hearty breakfast.

Bit cooler today so lots of problems getting my hydration working properly. Drank too much and need to stop for a pee every hour or so.

Some of the roads today were terrible with one stretch consisting of 8KM of crushed rocks. The result was a very wobbly back wheel which turned out to be the spokes. Managed to find a very helpful shop who fixed it all in no time. I also bought 2 new tyres and threw the old ones away as they were nearly bald.

Bonked badly in the afternoon due to eating poorly yesterday. I didn’t eat enough and hence I had no reserves for the afternoon ride. Ended up using one of the energy boost gels which helped.

Arrived in Umea though no time to meet up with any friends.

160KM today

Tomorrow is going to be tough looking at the maps, its a long way, so early to bed tonight to get as much rest as possible. I’m pretty shattered.

No comments: