Saturday 14 August 2010

Day 5 – August 14th 2010 – Sundsvall to Docksta

Had a bath, did some laundry and ate an Indian meal.

Great nights sleep.

Was on the road by 0700 but somehow I got lost at about the 40KM mark. Really annoying to double back especially as I had gone up a long hill!, not a happy camper.

The weather was fantastic as was the countryside. Lots of undulating countryside that yesterday killed me but today my saddle sores were a lot quieter.

Had an equipment failure when my saddle broke which could have been a disaster. Luckily I was about to have lunch at Härnösahamn and I was able to leave my bike with a very helpful bike technician at InterSport. The young lad at the Tourist Information even offered me the saddle off his bike (well it was his brothers).

Absolutely nowhere to stay on my way to Dogsta. Was really hoping it was going to be something special as it’s next to the water. Turned out to be a well known truck stop on the side of the E4. Ate quickly a meal because they closed 10 minutes after I arrived, nowhere else to eat, not even a pizza!

No comments: