Sunday 15 August 2010

Day 6 – August 15th 2010 – Docksta to Örnsköldsvik

Day off today.

Well almost, I really can’t spend the day at a truck stop so I decided to get to Örnsköldsvik so that I could have a day in a place with a population bigger than 20 people and a dog.

Day didn’t start so well though because I had a flat tyre. Fixed it but it all cost time which on top of the fact that I didn’t start until gone past 1000 meant that my day off was ticking away

Really can’t fault the scenery, the high coast is known as Little Norway and it really is beautiful.

Hit a pot hole going about 40kmph down a forest road which put a whacking dent in the rear wheel rim. This caused the back brake to rub and made using it impossible. Luckily I found a friendly cafe who lent me a huge hammer (didn’t have anything smaller) which I used to gently tap the dent back. Lets hope my repair holds.

I also decided to not do any significant cycling in Finland, I will leave it for another day. This is going to make the rest of the trip a lot more relaxing.

Lovely relaxing Sunday just chilling and resting. Some big days ahead of me but I am feeling a lot more relaxed about it.

Only one worry is Susie as she isn’t well and I am waiting to hear if I need to get back to Stockholm.

55KM today which on top of yesterdays 170KM means I am not that far off an average of 150KM a day even with my day off today.

No comments: