Tuesday 10 August 2010

Day 1 – August 10th 2010 – Stockholm to Hallstavik

Woke at 4am eager to get on my way until Susie told me to go back to sleep and stop being a silly bugger! Did remember to pack my passport though in case I should get as far as Finland.

Alarm woke me at 6am and after a final goodbye to Susie (looking very sleepy under the duvet) I headed off.

The day passed in a blur. I would like to say it was because of my speed and supreme fitness but in fact it was all the sweat poring into my eyes. I need to add a sweat band to my packing list!

Lunch at Norrtälje and strawberries in Almsta was about the highlight of the day. Arrived in Hallstavik only to find that there wasn’t really any where to stay in town. A quick call to the tourist board and my 2nd call found me with a place to stay.

147KM for the day plus a further 13KM to find where I was to stay! Still it was worth it with my own little cabin, very clean, quiet and great value. The wonderful landlady is even going to make me porridge tomorrow morning at 0630! What more could you ask for.

To top it all off there is even wireless internet open nearby, just hope they don’t mind me using it



1 comment:

Richard said...

Nice going, keep it up. Today is going to be sunny and warm all day :)

Btw, Hallstavik is a ghost town that is best to avoid. The reason is the paper manufacturing making the air smell like very badly indeed.
If you cannot avoid it, just pass it. But you know that now :P