Sunday 22 August 2010

Day 13 – August 22nd 2010 – Haparanda to Kemi

30KM of easy riding along a bike path punctuated by my only conversation with fellow cyclists that I didn’t start :)

I was stopped by a couple of Finnish Sunday cyclists and we chatted about my journey from Stockholm and they told me all about their club. Was nice talking to some real enthusiasts. They told me that Finland was great for cycling as they have so many bike paths unlike Sweden which only has them in cities. Maybe I will come and do some cycling in Finland one day.

Arrived in Kemi and could only see the one hotel that is close to the station. Suits me fine as its clean and reasonably priced.

Going to get my ticket for tomorrow and then chill.

Will be nice to see Susie on Tuesday

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Steve, it was me you met in Tornio on your way to Kemi. We are not a couple, but frends from the same bikeclub.
The bikejourney I told you about canb you found on www.maratonpyoraily.fi
And then about Haparanda and Tornio, we have even many other hotels, for exampel Cape East in Haparanda with spa and worlds beggest sauna. You can take in there next time you visit oss. Untill that you can look at www.capeeast.se. Greetings from Hannele, hannele.kentta@evekas.se

Anonymous said...

Exakt var kan jag hitta denna Weblog plattform?