Thursday 29 August 2019

Trying out my new bike

Having cycled around the Baltics I was able to use my hybrid bike because getting around was possible using ferries as Stockholm is a hub, however this isn't going to hack it for going anywhere else because taking a bike on a train or bus out of Stockholm is pretty much impossible. Flying is also a major pain in the butt because i need to put the bike in a box and then somehow store it at the other end or get another box to fly back.

So..... Welcome to my new Brompton















Idea is I can take this on any form of transport including aircraft without any permission or special packing.

So took it for a practice run at the weekend



Went fairly well and did 90km but had to abandon the ride because of 2 flat tires. So it was down to the bike shop and new tires (Marathon) just like i was advised to do when i bumped into the Brompton tourers in Devon

Will try again next weekend

No comments: