Monday 9 August 2021

Well 2020 was a bust but 2021 I have plans

2020 will go down as the year we all stayed at home particularly in my household as my wife is vulnerable as she has multiple medical conditions. That being said we did squeeze in a trip in a rented RV and explored the north of Sweden by driving up the middle. We actually took the route I had planned to do on my bike back in 2019 before Susie had her gallbladder removed and I rented the bike ansd rode from Brighton to Penzance. Anyway I digress

2021 we also rented an RV and carried on our exploration of the north. This year though i have had both of my Phzier jabs so i have been vaccinated (at least against the know variants as of time of writing) so while we were away the wife suggested I took a week to do some cycling as it has been sometime since I have been away.

So this year i am going to do some experiments using both my Brompton and to try camping for the first time. Will require more of a load but will give me options i havent had before such as being able to camp and cook my own food. The whole point of getting a folding bike was so i could have more options with travel. For instance i would like to restart my around the UK trip but to do that i need to either rent a bike or take my own, taking my old folding bike makes so much more sense. Also with Covid-19 still very much about avoinding crowded areas and using a tent makes a lot of sense


No comments: