Friday 19 May 2023

Day 1 - 30 km Bridgwater to Weston-Super-Mare

A day of travel as I had to get back to Bridgwater and with a bit of luck do a bit if cycling. I have a hugely ambitious target this year off reaching Liverpool in 7 days of full cycling which will include a circum navigation of Angelsey

Poor Susie was still not feeling 100% so at the last minute we took the decision to split our reservation so I could fly today. Susie is now booked for next Friday so with a bit of luck we will meet up in London next week

Flight was at 1040 and was scheduled to land at 1220. It actually arrived 20 minutes early which was great as it gave me loads of time to sort myself out. My luggage had actually gone on through the special checking as it wasnt standard and it arrived in perfect condition so I was super happy

Train to Reading where I quickly rushed out to the post office and posted 2 parcels for susie which would have cost a fortune from Sweden. Bought some new buds which were crap so they have to go back. Huge delays caused by somebody being hit by a train and killed. 

Got to Taunton but missed my connection so had to wait for the next one which was also late because of the earlier problem. By the time I got to Bridgwater there wasn't enough time to get to Bristol so decoded upon Weston Super Mare

Lovely ride in the late evening following the A38 for a while before hitting the back roads. Apple blossom was every where, a glorious evening

It wasnt far but considering how late it was it was at least a start. The hotel is one of those grand old hotels from.when Weston was a top resort so is a little faded but to be honest it's clean comfortable and good value.

Big day tomorrow if I want to get to Bridgend but I don't need to be stupid. Llanelli for Sunday is very doable

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/kVnnWLXbWzb







1 comment:

Steve Cocks said...

I know you’re having the time of your life out on the road again..! Time away from wifey! Enjoy yourself and stay safe..ps…not a flattering picture of me! Double posted even! Love and huge hugs from me Stevie my lovely husbandXXX