Wednesday 24 May 2023

Day 6 - 112km Aberystwyth to Porthmadog

Bloody seagulls, a lumpy bed and i kept banging my arm against the wall didn't make for the most restful nights sleep. Also my body especially my legs are very tired
.
Made a flask of tea and one of those instant porridges as no idea when and if I will get breakfast.

The road was quiet and nothing like yesterday with all the hills being easy to moderate. The best thing was there were no fast sections with blind corners and the countryside was nice.

Reached Machynlleth in time for some breakfast and a qell earned rest. My legs are struggling with the hills so I am Jo way making it to Caenarfon, instead Porthmadog will have to do. This means I need to replan, either I do Angelsey and get back as far as Colwyn Bay or I skip amh head to Liverpool

The ride to Barnmouth was awesome. Quiet roads, few roads and interesting things to see. Had a sandwich in a cafe called the Bath House which got its name from when it used to be used for washing slaves

Harlech castle looked as impressive as ever https://youtu.be/XSEU5zHgcTc

Arrived in Porthmaddog in good time so found a reasonably priced room in somebodies bungalow.She wasn't in when I turned up but she showed up in good time. I don't have much luck with these private bookings recently (had 2 with AirBnB go wrong) but utvall turned out well

After a shower got changed went up town but not much to see. All shops were closed and very few restaurants 

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/P5VmrSHh4zb

No comments: