Monday 22 May 2023

Day 4 - 126m Llanelli to Haverfordwest

Almost too tired to write up today's ride. The hills and the headwind were at times brutal. I also seem to have ost data which made navigation a nightmare, went wrong so many times!!

Was awake early due to the dawn chorus, it's been a while since that has woken me up. Tom was already moving around so we sat in the kitchen and chatted while made me some chicken sandwiches. Was on the road early.

Getting out of Llanelli wasn't easy with no directions but eventually found the way. Awesome bike path following the coast. Actually the national route 4 was well marked and almost completely avoided any major roads

Old canals and old railways plus empty back roads made for a very pleasant. Only issue were the hills which my bike really can't do. Apart from the 125km cycled my fitbit says I've done 26000 steps and I agree

Once I left pembrook I was cycling north and straight into a headwind which drained me both physically and mentally. Decided to call it a day and change my plans for to.orrow, no St David's

Pretty awful Katsu Curry at weatherspoons . Early night tonight as breakfast isn't included which is fine as I want an early start 

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/q4BP41QV0zb

No comments: