Monday 22 May 2023

Day 3 - 60 km Bridgend to Llanelli

Great night's sleep, amazing how 170+ kms on a bike enable me to drop off. Even the weird sound the water pipes make didn't keep me awake.

Forgot to turn on my Strava (again!!)

Followed National Bike route 4 all the way to Llanelli through some beautiful countryside along a number of disused railways. The coast line has many heavy industries especially around Porth Talbot and Neath. Huge steel works and processing factories

Swansea Bay was beautiful 

Arrived in good time in Llanelli and spent the day with Tom who was my instructor when I joined the Army in 1979. Fantastic chap with some amazing stories. Hecwas also a Falklands vet serving with 2 Para at goose green and wireless ridge. He drove me down to the watch station a worms head on the gower where he is a volunteer coastal watch officer. Great day






No comments: