Saturday 4 August 2018

Day 7 - Gdynia to Leba

Day 7 of my ride Riga to Leba

Up early for the last day of cycling. Got completely lost getting out of Gdynia as Google maps had me going down roads that were actually off limits. Had me going around in circles trying to find ways around all the heavy industry.

Eventually found a great bike path though sadly it led back to Gdynia. Also picked up my second puncture, down to my last spare inner tube (really need to carry a functional puncture repair kit as backup)

The route north was typical of what I have come to expect of Polish bike routes. A mixture of wonderful bike roads combined with utter horrors that even a mountain bike would struggle with let alone a bike like mine.

Once I got to Puck it was almost wall to wall seaside towns connected by a variety of roads of varying quality. However once I was within 30km of Leba they all vanished and it was back to sandy forest roads. Went past the crash of a B17 which was fairly recently found in the woods

So glad to eventually reach the hotel. Even got the same room I was given back in 2016. If I want to be a perfectionist I could plan to cycle Turku to Tallinn via Saint Petersburg but otherwise that's the Baltic sea finished

925km this trip. Not too shabby for an old man


No comments: