Wednesday 1 August 2018

Day 4 - Nica to Neringa

Day 4 of my ride from Riga to Leba.

Had a bath last night which was a luxury. Nice room, great food, even had a decent sleep. 

Up at 0400 and out on the road by 0445. Dramatic purple lightning far off to the East which settled into rain. What a relief to have some normal weather.

Good bye Latvia and hello Lithuania. 

Reached Klaipeda just as it was starting to warm up after the rain had stopped. Took the ferry over to the Nida peninsula and had a wonderful 50km through endless woods tucked behind some amazing beaches. Truly awesome cycling and its rides like this that just really hammer home the joys of being in the saddle!

Slumming it tonight in a hostel sharing a room with 5 others so wish me luck. Big day tomorrow as I'm cycling across Kalinigrad and will need to cross 2 borders and I don't want to be stuck in Russia. I have heard horror stories of getting in and out of this Russian enclave!


No comments: