Monday 18 July 2022

Day 0 - Brighton to penzance

One of the problems with returning to where I previously ended my bike ride is when it's at the end of the world or in this case Penzance.

Susie made a last minute suggestion that I started my bike trip one day earlier because of the distance to travel. One of the suggestions was to go anti-clockwise and cycle up to around Kings Lynn which actually a good idea as we planned to pick up a hired car at Gatwick after my cycling. However with a heatwave predicted in South East England it was decided to head to the South West and pick up from where I left off on 2019

The train up to London bridge was pretty uneventful but getting across to Paddington was a nightmare. I need to completely re-evaluate how to do this as the combined bike, T bag and backpack was very cumbersome and heavy.

The train to Penzance was a nightmare. The one had been cancelled so we had double the passengers. Add to that this that service required a change in Plymouth which was cancelled and that the train that we eventually caught had no functioning Aircon it was a miracle I got to Penzance at all. It was getting dark but I found the camp, put up the tent in the dark and fell asleep

No comments: