Monday 2 May 2016

Day 2 - Stralsund to Griefswald via Rugen

Shocking wireless connection so trying the official Blogger app on my phone so I can write today's entry

Slept well though woke early.  Good breakfast and was able to sneak out with a couple of rolls and some fruit. Some places get really antsy if you do this so I have learnt to goto breakfast with big pockets

On the road by 0800 and the route was easy enough at least until I got over the bridge. Followed the official sign posts for the first town of Rambin and ended up in a field and a deadend. Was so upset as the roads had been horrendous, some sort of soviet era prefab road that might have been great for a truck or tractor but where he'll for a bike. Backtracked trying to find where I had gone wrong but could find nothing

Followed the bike path which hugged the road and made good time.  Decided to skip the ferry at Wittow as it looked too far and besides couldn't see any signs for it

Bike path vanished and ended up on a busy road. Really need a map as a smartphone is hard to use in bright sunlight. Found my way to Prora but wasn't easy and bike lanes almost non existent.  roads were really bad in places

Afternoon ride was a lot better though still no bike roads and endless cobbles!  Nightmare.

One special place of note in the afternoon was Putbus. Check it out on wiki as it was quite something

Made it to Griefswald and found a decent hotel. Did my washing and determined to study the route for tomorrow as I'm fed up getting lost!

No comments: