Thursday 19 June 2014

Day 3 - Falun to Tällberg

My cell was very comfortable and I slept like a rock until about 0400 when the rain outside woke me.

The staff had left me a massive breakfast so feeling stuffed I was on the road by 0800 with a very easy (though wet) looking ride.

Didn't have far to go as Susie was coming up by train from Stockholm and we had planned to meet at Tällberg. The route this time looked good and it turned out that I first of followed an old road and then an old railway. In fact it was the best cycling I had done so far as it was off the main roads, beautiful and interesting.

The railway turned out to have been closed in 1958 having been opened in 1889. It was a truly wonderful ride with no signs of traffic, just perfect silence punctuated by the birds and mosquitoes! Following lakes, forest and the occassional small village it eventually desposited me within 10 km of my end destination.

I had spent the day wondering what the dotted line on my map meant and it turned out to be a closed road being repaired. However their was an alternative so i found myself arriving in Tällberg by 1030 well in advance of Susie.

Another easy 50km and a great way to start the midsummer

No comments: