Wednesday 18 June 2014

Day 2 - Sala to Falun

Good nights sleep and a simple breakfast found me on the road by 0730.

Once again I used Google Maps and worked out my route well in advance though I was a little nervous of the stretch from Hedemora to Falun, it looked like a big road and I really don't want to go near big roads on this holiday.

Again glorious cycling through farmland with only one navigational error that almost found me in Avesta which wasn't what I wanted. Took a detour to get back to my route and this road vanished into a field with a very rough track across it, again the joys of Google Maps and rights of way :)

Coming close to Hedemora I stopped briefly at a cross roads to check which way to go when a local pulled up in his car and we had a chat. He took a look at my route and suggested I went a different way. He zoomed in on my map and suddenly this tiny road appeared that I had missed that meandered next to the main river. He explained if I followed this it would bring me out on the outskirts of Falun and I would miss all the main roads. Only issue was where to have lunch but i was sure i would find something and find something i did, a supermarket appeared from nowhere and I was able to grab a sandwich.

Lovely cycling and another easy 125km found me in Falun where I was able to find a vandrahem. Deja vue because it was the old jail and it had the same layout as the one in Visby I stayed in when I went around Gotland.

No comments: