Saturday 6 July 2013

Day 4 - Uddevalla to Kungsbacka

Very pleasant stay at the hotel, slept like a rock and woke up too early. Was all dressed and down for breakfast half an hour early only to find it all locked up!! Back to the room and watched some MTV.

A late start but at least my computer now works ever since I changed the battery in the unit that transmits. Still didn't help me with my navigation though. Why is it that you come to a dead end only after going down a big hill!!

The first 15KM was urban scrawl and industry but eventually I crossed over to the island Orust for a wonderful 45KM ride through magnificent countryside. The road wound up and down and changed between countryside and coast which made for very interesting riding so it was sad to leave it all behind and cross back over to mainland.

The ride down to Göteborg was pleasant enough and I obviously had chosen the right road as I had a continuous stream of day bikers on carbon fiber bikes coming towards me. They actually aided me in navigating as all I had to do was keep looking out for them and where they were coming from. Eventually found a bike path which lead me through the last 20KM of urban and industrial landscape.

Göteborg itself I had been too so I didn't loiter as I was keen to find somewhere to stay. Called in at the tourist information and they recommended Kungsbacka as it was on my way and had a vandrahem. The ride was pleasant enough and I easily found the place. Unfortunately it was 8KM outside of town in the wrong direction and had nowhere near where I could eat so I headed into town and stayed once again in a hotel.

All in all a great days cycling and the 150KM felt really easy, the best day so far.

No comments: