Wednesday 24 June 2015

Day 2 - Rudkøbing to Kolding

A good nights sleep though I kinda regret postponing breakfast until 0800 as it means an hour later on the road. Set my sights on Kolding as it looked very doable though to be honest I had a secondary destination in mind about 40km further south

Nice breakfast and the owner was more than happy for me to fill up my lunch box with sandwiches and a yoghurt.

On the road at 0830 and straight away I was in for a hard time because of the WIND!

Slogged up to Odense following excellent roads



Passed more burnt down and abandoned cottages, I must have passed at least 6 the last couple of days. Asked the owner of the vandrahem last night why so many and he said that people burn them down as they cant sell them.

Odense was a typical big city and took ages to navigate through especially with all the traffic lights, only got lost once.

Didn't find anywhere for lunch so stopped at a hotel only to find it closed down. Passed a lot of closed down businesses, you can really see that the recession as hit hard in Denmark. Ended up getting a chicken toasted sandwich at a garage, quite disgusting.

So having spent all morning with the wind coming in from 11 oclock I now turned west and took the full force of the wind. It was absolutely knackering and Kopling couldn't come fast enough. Just as I was coming into the city I passed a cheap looking hotel which had a restaurant attached, that was enough for me.

So a rather disappointing 130km but everything considered I was happy enough, legs are like jelly and my neck is killing me

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you've had a tough day. Remember an old song which must have been close to your situation - Against all winds. Hope your day tomorrow is more with the wind. :-)
Håkan