Monday 30 July 2018

Day 2 - Engure to Ventspils


Day 2 of my 900km ride from Riga to Leba.

Terrible nights sleep as my cute wooden cabin from last night turned out to be a sauna!

Early start to try and beat the heat almost worked accept I was too slow to get out on the road. Was a hard ride too as this was my 3rd bad nights sleep in a row.

Only 3 days ago i was in Scotland with Susie and my flight from Edinburgh to Stockholm was cancelled so I was given a replacement flight via Amsterdam. It was delayed, arrived at some awful time of night and managed a few hours of sleep to catch the early morning connection to Stockholm. Then rushed to the ferry and had bad weather so didn't get a great sleep and now had a night in a sweat box

First half was fine enough and was actually quite interesting but the 2nd 80 km was tough as the road was boring and never-ending. Nothing to see except endless trees.

On top of all this the weather and humidity is a killer! and it all conspired against me. However after 11 hours I finally made it though I have to be honest it was a tough day and the hotel I eventually found looks a tad rough so no idea of the sleep i'm going to get. Hopefully i will just crash and wouldn't care!


No comments: