Monday 16 January 2006

Around Ireland On My Bike

Arriving back in Stockholm for Christmas 2005 and standing on the scales was somewhat of a surprise as I thought I had not only lost weight but was keeping it off. Sad to see that I was in fact back to square one again weighing the same as I did last year when I got back from Kuwait. I am currently 6-7 Kg over my ideal weight of about 93 Kg so this year I am making a renewed effort to keep the weight off.

The Challenge

So here is the challenge.

In just over 6 months my contract here in Ireland is officially coming to an end. One of my dreams was to find some time to cycle around the entire coast of Ireland before I am to leave. My original hope was to take 3 weeks vacation and to do it all at once, however this is very unlikely to happen due to my work schedule.

Hence my new plan is to do the whole of Ireland at weekends

This is by far the most ambitious target I have set myself and at just under 3,000 kilometres its one hell of a long way to cycle. However every journey, no matter how far, consists of one step at a time so let’s see how I do.

No comments: