Wednesday 19 July 2006

And Finally…

Wednesday July 19th - Dublin, Swords, Malahide, Howth, Dublin - 47 Miles - Total so far 1890 miles

A glorious summers evening for what could well be my last cycle outing here in Ireland. Also an appropriate way to remember that this day 3 years ago my father passed away. He would have so loved to have read this blog of a journey that that would have thrilled him.

Having been forced to come into Dublin via the Airport instead of taking the more scenic route along the coast I decided to go back and do this part again.

It was a very pleasant cycle once I was off the main roads. I was very surprised to be at the airport in 45 minutes on the bike.

Once I was in Swords I went to Malahide where the beaches were packed with holiday makers playing in the sunshine.

I then followed the coast to Howth going up and over the Howth peninsular

Then once in Dublin I went through the docks in time to see dusk over the Liffey River.

No comments: